Worldwide Cancer Research Weekly Lottery rules
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry and payment must be in advance. The maximum number of entries for an individual in each weekly draw is five. Entry is open to all UK residents excluding the Channel Islands & Isle of Man. Entry also excludes Worldwide Cancer Research employees and third parties directly involved in the administration or management of the Weekly Lottery.
- Not to be sold by or to anyone under 18 years of age. Any person found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
- Your unique Lottery number(s) will be generated and confirmed by post within 21 days. Your number(s) will remain the same each week. No ticket will be supplied.
- The weekly draw will be conducted every Friday. The draw will be conducted by a random number generator which will select a six-digit number (the Winning Number). Only Lottery numbers for players with sufficient credit at the time of the draw will be eligible for prizes. Late or missed payments may result in a player’s Lottery numbers not being eligible for every draw.
- The Winning Number will be published on lottery.worldwidecancerresearch.org/winners or obtained by calling the Lottery Helpline on 01628 201 954. Results will be available from the next working day following the draw.
- Winning combinations will be for players’ Lottery numbers which match three or more of the digits in the correct position within the Winning Number. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest will be payable. If you pay by Direct Debit, prizes will be paid directly into your bank account, otherwise a cheque will be sent within 21 days. Where the winners cannot be contacted after 90 days, the prize money will be treated as a donation to Worldwide Cancer Research. Any cheques remaining uncashed for over 6 months will be cancelled and the prize withdrawn.
- Prizes are as follows: Match 6 numbers in order for prize of £10,000. Match 5 numbers in order for prize of £1,000. Match 4 numbers in order for prize of £25. Match 3 numbers in order for prize of £5.
- The overall chance of winning a prize each week with one entry is 63 to 1.
- Worldwide Cancer Research is not responsible for any delays in bank payments.
- No liability is accepted for loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post.
- Worldwide Cancer Research or its External Lottery Manager may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the Lottery scheme. Worldwide Cancer Research or its External Lottery Manager’s decisions made regarding the rules shall, once made, be final and binding.
- The rules are subject to change by Worldwide Cancer Research or its External Lottery Manager. For the latest rules visit lottery.worldwidecancerresearch.org/rules
- Worldwide Cancer Research maintains records of customer funds separately from general company/ charity funds. This means that steps have been taken to separately account for customer funds from company/ charity funds however those funds are not protected if Worldwide Cancer Research becomes insolvent. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirements for the segregation of customer funds at the basic level of protection.
- These terms and conditions are governed by Scottish law. The courts of Scotland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Weekly Lottery or these terms and conditions.
- Worldwide Cancer Research operates a Complaints and Disputes Procedure. If you have a complaint you can ring our Worldwide Cancer Research Weekly Lottery Team on 01628 201 954 or email firstname.lastname@example.org If you are unhappy with the way a complaint is resolved you can contact the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS). IBAS acts as an impartial adjudicator on disputes that arise between betting/gambling operators and their customers.
- Worldwide Cancer Research is committed to ensuring that information about how to gamble responsibly and how to access help in respect of problem gambling is easily available. For more information please visit lottery.worldwidecancerresearch.org/problem-gambling or call the Worldwide Cancer Research Weekly Lottery Helpline number on 01628 201 954.
- All proceeds from this Lottery will be used for the charitable purposes of Worldwide Cancer Research with a guaranteed 60% of proceeds returned to the good cause. We allocate 20% of proceeds to fund the prizes and a further 20% to fund the administration of the programme.
Worldwide Cancer Research Registered in Scotland, No 152991, Charity No SC022918. Licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission, www.gamblingcomission.gov.uk under the Gambling Act 2005. Reference Number: 047068. Responsible person – Helen Jones, on behalf of Worldwide Cancer Research, 1st Floor, Canning Exchange, 10 Canning Street, Edinburgh EH3 8EG.
Are you gambling more than you really want? If you feel you have a problem with gambling, please visit the BeGambleAware website for help and advice at begambleaware.org or contact the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 802 0133 (lines open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year).
Direct Debit Guarantee
• This Guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits
• If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Worldwide Cancer Research will notify you 5 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Worldwide Cancer Research to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request
• If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Worldwide Cancer Research or your Bank or Building Society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your Bank or Building Society
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Worldwide Cancer Research asks you to
• You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your Bank or Building Society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.